Dell partnered with Piercom in an effort to enhance and expand its then current fulfilment systems.
The difficulties faced by Piercom in undertaking a project of this nature lay in the guise of Dell's multiple legacy systems and the incumbent need to migrate & web-enable these various systems already in existence on site.
Specific project details
- Project management
- Analysis, design & development of new product configuration application based on existing legacy system
- Testing of new applications
- Report generation
- Web-enabling of key order administration tasks inc: order tracking, customer service, key order processing report facilities
Piercom provided Dell with a dedicated team of project managers, software engineers, programmers and technical architects to work in-house with its IT department. The benefits to Dell include:
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Enhanced order administration systems
- Improved order tracking
- Improved product configuration system
- Increased employee efficiency
- Decreased transactional costs
Quote By Gerry Clarke, Dell Ireland
"Piercom's expertise in legacy system re-engineering & the web-enabling of existing systems proved invaluable in the achievement of our project goals. With minimum disruption to business critical systems, Piercom managed the project to deliver a cost-effective and viable solution tailored to our specific needs. The professional, detailed & flexible manner in which the project was undertaken from the understanding of our business goals & objectives to system design & implementation means that Dell can deliver an improved service to its customers. This in turn has led to an increase in customer satisfaction, sales and employee efficiency and a decrease in order cycle time and transactional costs."